Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh, how beautiful it is to meet old friends. How much one learns as one visits others, not just any 'other', but those special people who remind you of your Rabb, of how precious life is...

I've met so many sisters and have learnt so much...
I've seen young sisters get up to the task of helping and supporting neighbors at times of need. Where material world around them have not made them forget the most important things of life...
They are starting their life with their little ones and I remember myself at that stage, how I had engulfed myself in mundane things of life, going here and there...struggling with different turmoils and storms of life. I wish I had turned more to my Rabb at those beginning years, had concentrated more in the miracle of my Rabb's words...It would have been so much more of a cushion in my life.
Life will be a constant struggle, no matter in which condition you are in... but if we take the Quran as our everyday companion, life will be so much sweeter and fulfilling.

Oh, yes I was doing all the outside things, halakas and youth groups and what not... but even at that time I had realized that the alone time with the Quran was the most critical and healing times of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment