Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I have to put my experiences into writing while it is fresh in my mind as I believe as I go back to my hour-to hour planned life in DE, I will forget and not put it in my schedule to write.
I have been reminded in this trip again how important it is for busy mothers to not seclude themselves from others. No matter how hectic house-work and family obligations are, we must at all transitions of our life, take time out to take care of ourselves. Go out and spend alone time... spend time with a friend, read a book, anything, but something just for ourselves and not others. It will keep us happier, more sane, and contented. I've seen so many sisters go through depression because they have not done just that.
As much as they are to blame, I cannot help but blame their community for not being there for them. I'm talking to myself too. We must look out for those who have given birth, and if nothing else, just call to see how they are doing. That phone call means so much to them. There is someone in this world that actually cares to see how they are faring. You see these mothers are spending every ounce of energy caring for someone else 24/7. They need that call and may we be able to give that small comfort of a phone call, ya Rabb.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why you were blogging so much in Syracuse!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete