Sunday, September 24, 2023


Abu Musa reported: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said,
'Verily, the parable of good and bad company is that of a seller of musk and a blacksmith.  The seller of musk will give you perfume, you will buy some, or you will notice a pleasant smell.  As for the blacksmith, he will burn your clothes, or you will notice a bad smell."

Oh how much Sister gave out that beautiful musk.  She wasn't one of many words but taught by doing.  She would go visit the sick when she herself had health problems.  She was the first to drop off soup/food when someone was ill.  She would take care of lonely old women in her city always helping them with their tasks.  She never would say no to any of the classes i would tell her to teach.  She gave of her time and talents so freely.  She was my anchor in Delaware.  She taught me what was important-those small deeds of kindness one does for others.  

She loved to run after knowledge of the Creator.  She did it so fervently and with such beautiful patience.  I am so grateful that during her last year she was in our sahaba class.  I can hold on to that memory. 
When I was moving, she stayed till the last minute to help pair off my kids' socks to pack.  She took the long trip by train to visit me all the way in NC.  How precious is that?
How blessed I was to have her as my friend in this life.  She wasn't my family.. she wasn't young, she was just a 'true friend'. And how rare is that these days.  

Oh how I loved her and miss her voice.  May Arraheem have mercy on her and widen & illuminate her grave and grant her Jannatul Firdous. 





No comments:

Post a Comment